Barking Mad.

Hello and welcome Guest!

You're viewing this message, because you're a guest. You're also, missing out on many of the forum's topics, competitions, topics and posts.
Registering is easy, and simple. So come along, and be one of many members on this forum!

If you have any problems please do not hestitate to email: barkingmadenquiries@hotmail.co.uk, or view our FAQ's.

Barking Mad.
Photo Competition " Summer Fun "..

We recommend

Dog Lost, reuniting lost dogs with their familes all across, UK, scotland and Wales

Dogstrust - UKs largest dog welfare charity. Helping dogs of all breeds and ages.

UK's dog warden associations

Two deaths linked to cucumbers

Cameron
    Golden Years
    Golden Years

Female Location : Caithness
    Number of posts : 6566
    Warning :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Two deaths linked to cucumbers

Post by Cameron on Sat 28 May - 23:04

..Two more people have died in Germany of a bacterial outbreak allegedly caused by contaminated Spanish cucumbers - bringing the number of deaths to nine.

German news agency DAPD reported that two more women had died and almost 300 are sick with hemolytic uremic syndrome, or HUS, in recent days.

HUS is a rare complication arising from an infection most commonly associated with E.coli, a bacterium found in undercooked beef or contaminated food.

German officials have said they found three cucumbers from Spain with the bacterium and they are currently probing whether the cucumbers were contaminated with E.coli when they were shipped from southern Spain, or if they went bad during shipment or while being handled in Germany.

The Health Protection Agency said that German authorities have identified organic cucumbers from Almeria and Malaga in Spain, as one source of the outbreak.

Investigations are ongoing in Germany to identify other potential sources, while a third suspect batch of cucumbers from Holland is also under investigation.

Some food products were also withdrawn from the German market.

The Food Standards Agency is monitoring the situation and stressed there was no evidence that any affected organic cucumbers from the sources identified were distributed to the UK.

The HPA said anyone returning from Germany with illness, including bloody diarrhoea, should seek urgent medical attention and mention their travel history.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/two-more-die-e-coli-outbreak-132121624.html
    Nessuno
    Beginning to grow
    Beginning to grow

Male Location : Milan, Italy
    Number of posts : 60
    Warning :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Re: Two deaths linked to cucumbers

Post by Nessuno on Sun 29 May - 11:31

In Italy officials tell everyday about this problem and calm people because, it seems, we don't import cocumbers and, it seems again, our farmers use drinkable water to irrigate theire field instead of dirty water.
    Because i love cocumber and i don't trust in our officials i prefer wait and don't buy cocumber.

Cameron
    Golden Years
    Golden Years

Female Location : Caithness
    Number of posts : 6566
    Warning :
    0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Post by Cameron on Sun 29 May - 19:08

It puts me off buying them I must admit. I have one left in my fridge .. I wonder if I shall put it in the salad tomorrow. Thinking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul - 4:46